Friday, August 11, 2017

So Friday, it is....

Another week passes by and before we know it, August is almost half over. You can see the season changing as you look at the garden, and surrounds, and start to feel that the Fall is creeping in. Even the morning light is different (and later) as is the evening light. I keep wanting to make a fire which would be OK with all the rain we have had - no fear of fire bans. But I just don't get at it - once the day wanes I am ready to get to bed and forget about slipping out to make a wee fire. Besides. I don't have the inclination anymore - pity.
We are going to make a quick trip to Huntsville this morning to ReStore - I spoke with Mike and he thinks Erin would love to have more of the storage bags I mentioned - the large ones that you can pressure seal. They were only a $1.00 each and I'm hoping they will still have some left. If not I would be happy to give her half of the 10 I bought on Tuesday.  I haven't tried mine yet - busy doing other stuff (no kidding!) but will get at it soon. It will make a big difference for storage space of blankets and duvets etc.
I started to tidy up in the kitchen the other day - rearranging the shelves to accommodate the Tin Horton tins and mugs that I have collected. I like this collection but it does take up space. So a few boxes of other mugs and the like have been stored away for now. I wish I could just get rid of stuff but since that is not an option at the moment, I shall box things up.  
No reading right now - I finished another book last night that friend Ruth gave me, and since I haven't heard from the Library yet about the Phaedra books I ordered two weeks ago, I haven't anything on tap. Oh, I have books that I could pick up here at home, but many of them are not on my "interesting list" right now. 
Well, thunderstorms and rain forecast for today and tomorrow Saturday, so I am not hopeful that the festival will be a go. I have the website to check because there may be a possibility they will change the venue from the Main Street to the Arena in light of the weather. I will let you know - I shouldn't look forward to something so much.  yesterday I needed to walk up to the Pharmacy and on the way home detoured down to the Lake. I haven't been down to the Lake for ages, and always liked sitting on one of the benches and enjoying the view and serenity. Although yesterday it was a mass of swimmers and children making the most of the water and park. Some of the boys were covering themselves with the clay from the bottom of the lake and running about and then jumping into the water. I often wonder if I could use that clay. When my boys were little we fashioned objects out of it as part of the fun at the water, but I am sure if a potter took it, it could be used. Too bad...
Well, time to get on with the day. Have a great weekend. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment