Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Tomatoes anyone?

My to do list for today was never accomplished totally, but still I was outside all day and tackling the tomatoes. They all have to be cleaned up - cut off the dead leaves and tidy them up and tie up where necessary. Its a tough job when you are facing 1000 of them but hey, keeps me out of trouble?  
Harry is no better in terms of his pain in hip - very severe. He was trying to contact the Dr office all day and finally about 3:30 he was told the Nurse would call him to go over the xray results ( really?)  No one called him back. 
Now to budgies..... Four eggs and counting from the mating pair. But Monday night the oldest of the other two birds ( not the mating pair that is) died. So I buried him in the yard but budgies need a companion so yesterday we went to the Pet Store in Huntsville and bought a new budgie. 
While in Huntsville, I decided to splurge on myself. I went into Coles and bought a package of expensive coloured pencils using one of the Nielsen Homescan Visa preloaded cards I earned by doing the weekly food surveys.  I made this decision because Harry brings home many of the adult colouring books that are the rage lately. He finds them at garage sales or at the dump store. Some of these books are hard covered and expensive if bought at a real store - I guess someone thought they would try it, and then were turned away from them? A page or two has been coloured in each of the books.  So now, my plan is to try to take some time for myself and try to colour - this will be facilitated by playing some of my special music at the same time - either records or CDs ( Harry continues to get boxes of these at the dump store - some never opened and some Readers Digest sets at that!)
The neighbour Ruth just came by to ask us to come over tomorrow night along with the Dutch pair next door, and the other neighbours across the street from us - just to Meet and Greet. I was unable to accept in light of Harry's condition. Fortunately, she seemed to understand.  (I hope)
So it seems to be time to clean up, and put things away outside, likely water but then I don't feel like it tonight.  Then get ready for bed. Tomorrow will come soon enough haha!
And so what is going on in your neighbourhoods these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment