Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Whe-e-e-w?

Exhaustion sets in. Yesterday was spent out in Selkirk, at the gallery.  There were a few visitors.  They came in several bunches, which makes it difficult for one volunteer to be able to supervise those who are viewing the exhibit, and have questions, and also those who are in the Gift Shop.  The one paid employee of the gallery was there, but she had a lot of work to do, so it was somewhat helpful when another member showed up to visit, and spent the day. As a result, I spent most of the day socializing, and came to realize  how very out of practice I am.  Now, I love being with people, but it takes a lot of energy.  Worth it, mind you, but boy, was I ever tired when I got home.  I need to do this more often and get back into the routine of relaxing, and enjoying the privilege of company.

Yesterday we got a recall notice for our car.  David phoned right away, and we got in first thing this morning. We were both awake shortly after 6:00, so we turned off the alarm, and I sat with David while he had breakfast and read the paper.  After he left, it was back to bed and sleep well for a couple of hours.  Probably the best sleep of the night, and I needed it.

Not sure how the rest of the day will be spent.  While we were out yesterday, I picked up more of the spiral bound notebooks I like for journaling and Morning Pages--for 47 cents each.  I think I might have bought them at that price, whether I needed them or not.  I have felt the need to start another sketchbook for awhile, and that takes some basic grunt work before I can actually start.  So that might be the chore of the day.  But only once I tidy the kitchen, after spending a day away from it. "nuff said, about that.

Yes, I had noticed our follower.  What a nice surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment