Monday, August 21, 2017

Eclipse? what eclipse?

I was at work, but I never even notice it get darker out.  I figured that with 70% coverage I would notice something.  Maybe that was for Winnipeg and we were just a little too far north for that. Oh well.  We have a union meeting at 4:45 so I am sitting at work playing on a real computer.  Jim is sick today. He gets sick so seldom that I worry when it happens.   We were at the neighbours for supper yesterday.  They are really into smoking their food.  They have 2 smokers and are talking about building a much larger one.  We had pulled pork and sweet potatoes cooked in the smokers and then some cole slaw.  It was quite good.  They have created their own recipes for rubs and bbq sauce.   We had some kind of Mexican beans too.  Sort of a watery pork and beans made with pinto beans and peppers and onions and bacon and I am not sure what else.  Much spicier than pork and beans but tasty.  Only 4 more days of work and I have a week off.  I really do have to settle down and do some yard and house work though.  I have been putting it off for way too long.  Beth, remember last year when we talked about the spider web over my living room window?  It's still there :)   We had a little bit of rain last night.  Almost enough to settle the dust, but not quite.  Just a very dry year for us.  Why do my posts always involve food?  Could explain why I weigh so much :)  I will try to think of something more interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment