Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Breakfast

I'm in a rut for breakfast, too. I very much like Blueberries, and usually buy them in a two pound container. They are usually starting to go before I finish it, but the smaller containers are just too expensive, although that's what I'm forced to buy in winter ( not often, too $$$).  So, every morning it's 3/4 cup blueberries, container of yogurt, 2 tbsp of rye flakes, and two tbsp of sliced almonds.  I also sometimes enjoy them with oatmeal.  One quarter cup  oatmeal cooked in 1/2 c water, 1/4 c whey protein, &3/4 c blueberries. Actually, when I make it, I make enough oatmeal for both of us: 3/4 c oatmeal cooked in 1 1/2 c. water, and then take out 1/3 for myself. Otherwise I enjoy smoothies for breakfast.  I can't stand the texture of them if I put rye flakes in, so make them without, and have a couple of Rye Krisps with the smoothie.  I only rarely eat brad,and then, only a Multigrain Rye  I've found one where the slices are exactly 1 ounce, many of them the slices are 1 1/2 to 2 ounces.And, believe it or not, I sometimes enjoy the "breakfast salad" from phase one, with a hard boiled egg.

Since I had the allergic reaction to caffeine a couple of weeks ago, I've been having my de-caf Earl Grey tea with meals, instead of the green tea.  At Starbucks, for my daily coffee, I've been having a de-caf espresso "pour over", in my usual larger size, with a small bit of milk.  Wonderful! 

Yesterday, I made the effort, and managed to get my zipper purses accepted into the gift shop of the gallery in Selkirk.  This means that I will also be able to put other things in there, subject to an informal "jury" process, in future.  This is a big step for me. 

Yesterday, for the first time ever, the computer news offered a piece on "Your horoscope for next week".  Mine suggested, strongly, that I've been pushing it too hard, and need to take a break.  It was like a message from above.  I immediately realized that it was absolutely true, and that I needed to do something about it.  Quite a jolt.  And, the next time I looked I couldn't find the article.  It was almost as though it had appeared, at that point in time, for me alone.  Creepy!  This morning's horoscope in the newspaper, said that I should look for something "fun" to do today.  I asked David what we could do for fun today, and he just snorted at me.

We stopped at a dollar store yesterday, to look for an envelope. The we browsed a bit.  Lesson for today: never browse in a dollar store! I found some wonderful things that I couldn't live without and I only covered one aisle!

Having had my breakfast, and checked the computer news, I guess it's time to look for something fun to do. Maybe I'll sort out and re-label everything in our paper file box, with the file folder labels I bought yesterday at the dollar store.

No comments:

Post a Comment