Saturday, August 5, 2017

Nasty weather here as well

Bad storms (they called them "cells" on the weather) swept through Toronto and into our area yesterday. They came in three different sweeps but it just seemed like one continuous storm. An apparent tornado hit Huntsville but not verified yet. We lost power of course, and with nothing else to do, I went to bed.  So much water, and lightening and thunder, even hiding my head under the bed sheets didn't help haha!  The power returned late in the evening so happy the outage did not endure as it has in the past. We heard on the news about the destruction in Huntsville with tress ripped out and roads being blocked and since our hydro originates in Huntsville, I expected the worse.
Not a nice forecast for the long weekend. North Bay always has it's Summer in the Park event with top name performers and all the extras like amusement rides etc. all held at the waterfront. We went maybe one or two years but haven't bothered for many many years now. But it always seems to be rainy and as a result usually not a money maker for the city. Every year they talk about cancelling it or cutting back.
Next weekend is the Sundridge Sunflower Festival which is fun as vendors fill the main streets and there is music, and food etc  - hoping for sunny weather so we can attend as we like this event and its local which makes it even better..
Pati, I am glad you found Goo Gone as I have used it for years and usually get good results, But you are right, you have to wash off the greasy like residue well.
We started to pull the big garlic patch yesterday before the storms hit. Nice big cloves this year which will be dried on racks in the canvas shed. The green stems are being dehydrated and made into powder for seasoning. Still have the bulk of them to do yet so that will probably be today's chore after Harry returns from garage sales and to the auction barn in Powassan to pick up his lots. I usually do housework like change linen and wash on Saturdays but this week has all been turned upside down with this and that, so I'm a bit out of kilter right now. I have a kitchen full of dishes to do first though, as with no power I didn't clean up yesterday. 
So I have my coffee in my hand to start the day and I guess shall take it from here. Have a nice weekend everyone.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment