Tuesday, August 8, 2017

August Long weekend

This weekend always brings fond memories - it seemed to be the weekend for "going to the Lake" and many a year I would head West to join you folks at the Lake. One year if I recall, it was only to the Lake that I travelled - not venturing further to Wpg at all. Hoping you all had a nice weekend at whatever you were doing. Here, we got the last of the garlic pulled from the garden and the bulbs are all lined up like little soldiers drying out in the shed, and the green stems have all been dehydrated. This was done in between thunderstorms, showers and sunny skies. There is no telling anymore whether a day will give you consistent weather for the whole day so you have to wing it mostly. The nights are also colder and with not much sunny weather the tomatoes are not ripening..... I wonder what a person could do with a ton of green tomatoes? haha
To Huntsville today - I will buy some Tassimo coffee pods on sale at Metro. Since Harry brought home this latest coffee machine which is a Tassimo, I have discovered how very much I like it.  I thought that the Keurig was great, but I am changing my mind now that I have been using this Tassimo machine. I am also cutting down on the coffee I consume just to see if it will make any difference in my "demeanour" - good luck to me!
Pati on The Quilt Show they showed how to make a Paintbrush Roll up - this reminded me of your Knitting Needle roll up you drafted. Did you ever pursue this as a saleable item? 
Well, must get on with the day. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment