Saturday, August 12, 2017

Sunflower festival

The Festival Gods were looking favourably upon the Village and especially upon the Organizing Committee today. In spite of thunderstorms and rain called for in forecast, except for a few sprinkles in the morning, the skies cleared and although cloudy the sky was blue and the sun shone through frequently.  You could almost hear a loud collective sigh of relief from everyone involved and everyone attending.  So it was fun - I looked at most of the vendors wares, and admired their work and many really did have some exceptional crafts and other offerings. I did not make any purchases but that was not really my intent in wanting to be a part of the event. This evening there will be a street dance on the Main Street - after all the vendors take down their exhibits and move off. Here's hoping the weather holds off just a little longer to make that part of the Festival a success as well. Of course, we do not intend to participate in the dancing haha!
Housework took up the rest of my day for the most part. Harry is still under great deal of pain in his hip - debilitating pain. I am not really happy with lack of progress to date but I can't move things along any faster or effectively, so I bide my time. But it makes my workload all the more onerous. C'est la vie!   I started to reread a Clive Cussler book last evening that I had in my read already box- just for something to read...Atlantis Found with Dirk Pitt. I have a box of books I want to donate to the Library Book Sale for next weekend - if I can actually take them in.
So I have lots to do before bed so I better get to it. Just thought I'd give you an update of the Festival.   Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment