Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Tuesday the first day of the rest of my life

So what great master plan have I come up with--almost nothing!  However, I did get caught up in a "Good Witch" marathon yesterday.  It was a "good thing".  I took over the tv, and poor David wasn't able to watch his "American Pickers" all day, as I was watching from about 2:30 until after 10:00, when I gave up as the marathon went on until 2:00 am.  I only stumbled  onto this show this spring, and this gave me a good chance to catch up on the back story, which I found out was fairly convoluted.  You sort of have to accept that parts of it are not reality, and I don't mean the "witchy" stuff, as you never find out if that's really true or not.  I find it difficult to accept that a single mother, small town shop owner, who sells non-essential goods, and has to scrimp to pay bills, can afford to dress anywhere nearly as well as she does.  And why does everyone live in big houses that would sell for millions, in the same small town?  And there are no poor people in this town.  I guess that's why it's labelled as "fantasy" in the tv descriptors.

And one good thing to come out of yesterday.  I slept for a solid 6 hours last night, got up to take a Tylenol, and slept for another three hours. One of the best sleeps I've had in a long time--perhaps because my brain wasn't so tied up in organizing the world and making to do lists?

We did take two pieces out to the gallery in Selkirk for their September show, yesterday, and I dropped off an application to hold a full gallery show of my own in 2019.  The invitation to do so arrived in my e-mail yesterday morning, shortly before we left, and I jumped on the opportunity.  It was something I had been thinking about, and I had actually inquired about the process a couple of weeks ago.

If there is one strategy/decision I've made, it's to not worry about making any more sale items, but rather, to concentrate more on the arty stuff.  Maybe not realistic, as the sale items usually originate out of the leftovers of the arty stuff.  Maybe the best strategy I could look at is finding some other means of dealing with the left overs.  And, there is actually a "to do" list of arty projects that has been written, but not looked at in awhile. 

However, today is laundry and grocery shopping day, with an after thought of cleaning up the kitchen.  David is up, so best get to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment