Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Inspector Gamache is back...

Louise Penny's newest novel was released yesterday called Glass Houses. I heard an interview with her on CBC yesterday where she tells about the creation of this book which took a long while because of her care for, and subsequent death of her husband Michael. But the characters are all back in Three Pines and apparently we learn more from each about secrets in their lives and the guilt they have carried.  I went into my library but they haven't even received a copy yet and it would be no use to order because if another Library has it, it would not lend it out until their own folks had a go at it.  So I guess I have to wait.
In meantime, I pulled another Elizabeth George novel from my library bookcase ( actually it is a cardboard box on the floor haha!) and will keep at it - her's are always long and full of detail which is sometimes onerous but the story line is intriguing. 
Part of the sun room is now taken up with white barrels of apples starting the wine process once again. I had to quickly move the stuff over to one side in piles to make room for this Monday and Tuesday,  but think I may be able to take another stab at the cleanup today if I am lucky, as these tubs have to sit for one week before the second stage of the process begins... Oh joy! I have one chair in now from the shed, and the freezer top has been cleared off and i could actually open it up - oh, lots of treasures in there - fruits i can make smoothies with, and pork to make stir fries. I feel good!  I sat in the chair this morning early with my coffee and pretended all was well!
My friend Sue has written to start the communications with all the old girls to arrange another luncheon the end of October.  This will be the table full as opposed to the spring luncheon with just Sue and I.  So I have another event to look forward to...
Well, on with the day - i just ate a Spinach Scramble with pineapple ( which needed eating quickly) so I am full and content and ready for whatever - there always is, after all, a "whatever" in my life haha!  Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment