Thursday, August 17, 2017

For a change.. we have rain!

Gets monotonous - rain, mixed with rain, and throw in a bit more rain!  I just came in from setting up my elaborate drainage system to try to divert water from the barrels to the side of the house rather than down the side onto the front of the house - where it accumulates and I have to shovel. Last two days were OK with sun most of day but it has started to rain now (5pm) and according to forecast will be with us Friday and over the weekend.  I have been able to do a fair amount of yard work - starting to remove some of the obviously dead tomato plants and those that will not produce for sure. And picking what I can and doing something with it ie making tomato juice, and eating lots of salads with cucumbers etc.

Well, we have a new dog in our family. Last Sunday we drove to Sturgeon Falls ( west of North Bay) where we arranged to meet a man who drove from Sudbury with a small little dog not quite two years old. They were not able to keep him as they just had a newborn. It is a lap dog for sure - a mix of Jack Russell and Chihuahua. His name is Bailey and we'll keep that name as he is obviously used to it. He wants loves and kisses and attention all the time. He has chased after the cats and as yet there are still some issues but I am hopeful that all four animals will start to tolerate each other soon. 

Pati, I enjoyed a "breakfast salad" this morning - not quite as per recipe but good enough. And I just mixed up another dish of quick oats to sit overnight for my breakfast tomorrow - this time throwing in a handful of frozen blueberries.  I am hoping that my energy level will improve as too, my desire to do stuff. Today I bit the bullet and started to clean up the back room (sun room) which is full to the rafters with stuff - including three new shelves that I hope to erect to store the stuff in a more organized manner. My panic is that the house plants also have to come back in and the nights are getting colder and before long I will have to move them - right now, there is no room.

Solar eclipse to take place Monday at around 1:30 pm - for our area it will not be total but partial but I hope to observe anyway with eyes protected.

Now I must move this little pile of dog who is snuggled on my lap. It is hard to type this way haha!  And get ready for bed, and read more of my book. I am almost finished it. Oh no....  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment