Saturday, August 5, 2017

Books

Still have not received either of the two from Phaedra Patrick from the Library so patiently waiting for them. Always nice to get new ideas - these sound good so I have written the names down and put into my Library folder. In meantime I am reading a novel that friend Ruth gave me - about the crippled and blind flower girls in early London times. It was hard to get started but now it is getting interesting. I find many books I've read lately were hard going at first but if I persevered, I was able to get very engaged as the story actually started to develop.
Another rainy and windy cold day. No wonder the garden is not ripening. there are lots of tomatoes but none to ripen - it will likely freeze before long and then what do we do with all the plants. Some are 10 or 12 feet high and I am out there trying to stake them all - last nights storm managed to break more than a few branches and today I tried to tie them up best I could. 
We just finished shelling a huge bag of peas that Harry got at the Farmers Market for only $5.00 - what a deal.  We had some for supper and they were as tender and delicious as could be. Also had our own green beans which were very nice. Harry is dehydrating the pea pods and plans to powder them to use as spice or in soups etc. Nothing goes to waste apparently.
Well, six budgie eggs laid to date - this was what she laid last time so I hope she stops at this.  The other two birds are getting along very well (the newly bought one and the other_ Do you think we can get them to lay eggs as well ??? Golly gee I hope so.....
I forgot to mention that the other day while I was working in the garden and Harry laying down because of his pain, I got the urge to make some blueberry pancakes with Coyote Mix.  Thanks Dave - I gorged myself and did not feel guilty but very satisfied with myself indeed.  Well, back to work. All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment