Saturday, August 19, 2017

Finding peace

Peace is fleeting.  I agree with Beth, that we need to recognize those special, small moments, and cherish them.  Sounds like you're doing that, Cathy. Treasure those small moments when you're in a place that is special to you, and/or with people, animals, or things that you love.

I've made strides in changing my new piece that may make if better.  We'll see.  Check other blog.

Next week is quiet.  I'm volunteering out at the gallery in Selkirk, again on Tuesday, but that's all that's scheduled.  Things could change, however.  I hope not. If it's a slow day, I'll be able to baste all of those hexie forms I cut yesterday.  It's a good, mindless activity for when I'm playing poker.  I broke down and actually showed David all of the fabric hexies I have to baste.  At least I'll be able to put them together by machine, whatever I choose to do with them.   It's so hot, that there's little pleasure in going out, especially in the city.  It's even too hot to sit out in the garden and read.  We were at Walmart today. Saturday afternoon, a week before school starts.  Chaos.  Hot, humid, chaos.  Glad to be home. 

 A week tomorrow is the first of the craft sales I have scheduled, (we're ready) and then the day after my, pieces have to go out to Selkirk for the September show.  This evening, I hope to set up a couple of dye baths, for future projects.  It's great to have a bit of energy and creativity going for me, even if yesterday was a vast wasteland.

No comments:

Post a Comment