Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A bit of an "off" day

It sounds as though having an "off" day is contagious, but more about that later..

The weather is great.   We're able to sit outside and read.  David is getting a lot done in the yard and in cleaning up the garage.  I think I mentioned that a lot of my junk has been donated to the church across the street,  Now we just have to make sure I don't bring just as much home, when they have the big yard sale.  Today we drove all over the city on small errands.  Now that the Tall Grass Prairie piece is almost finished, my mind is moving onto the next piece, and I needed some colouring tools.  I knew what I wanted, but it doesn't appear that it is made anymore.  I found something that appeared capable of doing the job, on the web site of a local store, and off we went to take a serious look at it.  Appeared suitable and I bought eight different colours.  I went onto the internet after supper to find instructions for using them.  I appears that I bought 8 very expensive crayons.  But they are water solvable, and if, once wet they become permanent, they will certainly do the job I bought them for, and many more future jobs as well.  I'll find out tomorrow, when I rinse out the fabric scraps I used them on.

But--all the driving I'm doing, and the amount of time I spend on the computer, is screwing up my wrists.  And my back is not settling down, even with that tortuous corset. I've also been doing a bit of hand embroidery, while watching tv., which doesn't help.  I had actually thought about finding my yo-yo's, and seeing if I could play with those a bit, but not a good idea right now.  I can't even hold a book to read. So, I appear to be in the same boat as both of you.  Everything hurts, even with the Tylenol Arthritis--which I shouldn't be taking.  I agree that there are some days when you just want to curl up in bed, and forget life. I disagree a bit with you Beth, about just carrying on.   This is not a good long term plan.  At some point you have to pay the piper, and at our age, that can be expensive, even life threatening.  I don't know how this will play out, but I will certainly be cutting down on computer time.  I'll well addicted, so that won't be easy.  And hand sewing is out for now.  

Almost bed time,  i.e 9:00, even though pain and fatigue forced me to take a nap today--it's been a long time since I had to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment