Sunday, May 13, 2018

Scary drive

Yesterday, we drove out to Carmen, for a meeting of one of my fibre groups. We took the South Perimeter to Oak Bluff, and came home the same way.  I had always thought that Saturday traffic around my end of town was a horror, but it's bad everywhere!  Coming home, along the South side of the city, with all those traffic lights( about 6 I think) in a short stretch, was bad enough but the traffic was moving anywhere from 80k/hr to 120k/hour, and it was almost bumper to bumper.  And,  it was at the end of our trip, and I was a little tired.  Not nearly as tired as I was on our trip home from Neepawa, but still tired.  I guess the scariest part is knowing that it would have been the same or worse, no matter what route we took.

Of course, I was wearing that corset all day.  It is a little uncomfortable, and hot, to wear, but I am realizing that I'm better with it than without it.

Today, I volunteer out in Selkirk, but that is a relatively short drive, with only the construction at Lagimodiere and the North Perimeter to consider.


No comments:

Post a Comment