Sunday, May 20, 2018

Odds and Ends, or whathaveyou

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.ca/2018/05/air-fryers-aprons-and.html

The above website has a video in it that is a real treat to watch.  It takes a few minutes, so sit down with a cup of tea when you watch.

Five baby grey squirrels!  That's what we had today at the feeder.  And they all appear to have white ears.  Guess we know who at least one of the their parents is.  We've had a white eared grey squirrel around ever since we moved in.  Probably several generations now.  We can only hope that at least one of the babies lives long enough to reproduce, but the big old crow is around regularly. The baby squirrels and the baby bunny run and hide under the rhubarb when he shows up.

Today, I was out for coffee with my friends Dick and Vivian from Pinawa.  I haven't seen them in 2-3 years, so it was a very nice visit.  You met them when you were here awhile ago, Beth, when we attended a buffet dinner at their house.  There have been many changes in the art scene in Pinawa over the past few years,and it was good to catch up with what's going on.  My friend Gail and I, along with another one of her friends,  have rented the local art gallery for a month long show in September.  I'm looking forward to finding out how viable the gallery out there is, in terms of potential for sales.

Today turned out to be a very nice day, and the first time we've been able to sit outside without jackets.  David and I were out there for awhile, just reading, this afternoon.

Don't know where the time went today.  I was up by 7:30, but David slept a little longer.  He decided that today was the day to find out how well he's able to cut the grass.  He only did the back, and will maybe tackle the front later in the week.  But he did okay.  I know because I watched him from out the kitchen window the whole time.  Between that, going out for coffee across the city, then grocery shopping, I didn't get much of any studio time today, and we ended up not getting supper until after 7:00 this evening.  Guess we're going to shower in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment