Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Quiet times

Colder today, and we've had the heat on again.  I've been having my scissors sharpened.  We took 5 pair in Saturday, and took another 3 pair today, while picking up the others.  Then I found two more that we'll take in tomorrow, when we pick up the others.  We had planned to do it in two trips, but the last two pairs were hidden away, somehow.  I've been reading some books lately that tend to be more life affirming, rather than "blood and guts".  Not sure why, but they are interesting, and make me feel good.  Life has slowed down a bit in the studio, and I spent today working on a charity quilt.

My allergies have been acting up recently. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were particularly bad.  So I've pretty well given up caffeine, and am also finding that the coffee itself is bothersome.  This means that the green tea that I just spent a fortune on, is tucked away for awhile, and I'm drinking lemon water, and decaf Earl Grey tea--yuck!  I'm also suspicious of yogurt, and strawberries, and plan to have something else for breakfast for a few days.

While we were in the library, yesterday, I noticed an upcoming free workshop on "Mandalas and Meditation", and signed up.  It's on the evening of the 15th, which is also the day that I have a group of ladies coming over for tea.  Oh well, David will just have to amuse himself that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment