Friday, May 4, 2018

Surprise Folks

It is 5 pm and we are on the internet again. This seems like a very bizarre saga what I went through today. I was able to log on early as you can see by my blog entry. When Harry got up he could not. So I did the usual trouble shooting without success, and finally had to call the Server tech. I was on the phone for over 70 minutes with two of them trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally they said it was the inner workings of the modem and that they would order a new one to be sent by mail (from ValDor). I went into the Library and there was another man came in saying he could not get on this morning but I thought it may be a coincidence. Harry went about town and came home saying others were in the same boat. So we tried often to connect without success. In the afternoon I got a strange call from Bell (automated) saying that the Server had contacted them to say i was having issues with connecting. I spoke to a real person who with her limited English comprehension and dialogue, told me I should really call my Server. After many more tries Harry finally got on. I now think that there was an issue with Bell in this area and our service had to have been affected by that issue whatever it was. We are on - for now- and apparently a new modem will be in the mail next week. I wondered if I should have called back the Server tech dept to tell them but decided not. 
We are now in the middle of a thunder/ lightening storm and torrential rain. I expect that we may lose power completely next.
So here's hoping all shall be well with the computer but if you do not hear from me assume there is trouble. The weather still has not changed and there will be frost Sat and Sunday nights ....Oh joy and bliss!  
I sure hope I win the Lotto Max tonight haha!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment