Saturday, May 5, 2018

Glad you're back

I missed you already!

Somehow, I've hurt something.  Maybe my back, maybe my right hip.  I just know it hurts to walk and move, so I my plan for the day was to do as little as possible.  But since the weight crept up 2 -3 pounds over the last month, It was back to phase one today, and that meant a trip to the grocery store.  We went about  9:30 this morning, wanting to avoid the crowds of a Saturday, but the store was deserted.  I've never seen so few people in there.   And, of course we found bargains, such as sirloin steaks for less than half price.  This meant we ended up making a huge beef stew today, even though I had to scramble for seasonings.  Surprisingly it turned out pretty good!  Gotta thank Lipton's Onion soup mix for that.

I got the library book on Tall Grass Prairie that I had ordered, to help in the design of a hanging, planned for an exhibition next fall.  However, it's now looking like the exhibition will be postponed or maybe cancelled.  So I spent the day practicing with my Appliquik tools, doing the "donkey" work for the May goal of 31 appliqued hearts, one for every day of the month.  This meant that I could sit most of the time.  I have to say that my skill and comfort with the tools increased significantly during the day, but now I've almost run out of glue.  Got 15 of them finished.  Now, is that being an over-achiever or not?

Tonight is my night with the tv, even though the Jets game is being broadcast later this evening.  And 'tis time.

No comments:

Post a Comment