Wednesday, May 2, 2018

What to buy, what to buy--oh, the decisions we have to make!

Well, I don't think you need fabric, so I would head for the notions.  Do you have a rotary cutter?  Does it need new blades?  Do you need a good pair of scissors?  Cotton thread ages poorly.  Does your thread stash need upgrading?  How about some medium weight fusible interfacing to use with your applique?  Would you ever use any of the fancy rulers?  Don't go crazy there ( not that you could with only $50.00), you probably wouldn't use too many of them.  My favourite is 16" long, by 6" (  or is it 5 1/2").  I use it frequently, more so than any other.  I absolutely love and swear by my little Clover clips.  They look like tiny red plastic clothespins.  I think they come in packages of 10, 25, and 50.  I made so with 20 of them for a long time.  Expensive, but worth it.  My aging fingers can cope with them a lot easier than pins, these days, and they work as well or better in a lot of cases.


No comments:

Post a Comment