Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Working in the studio

We got our bills paid and grocery shopping done this morning.  Always a trauma to realize how much money slips through our hands, just paying bills and buying food. But it's also a feeling of comfort knowing that the chore is done for this month.  Later, my friend Gail came and took me out for coffee.  We have an outing planned for Friday, when we are heading for an artists' tour in East St. Paul.  I've never done this but we're going for it.  A few of the artists involved are grouped together in a 55+ meeting hall, but for all of the others, it's a matter of visiting the artists in their homes.  We are each also looking forward to a quick stop in Lockport--she to a gallery there and me to a quilt shop. 

When I got home, I spent time in the studio making beads. I've been doing the prep work over the past few days, but today did the finishing work.  I'm not entirely happy, and it cost me the cover of my ironing board, which I burned a hole through.  Here they are.  Now I have to figure out how to use them.


I also took a picture of my new tv set and how it's set up in the studio.  I can sit an the end of the work table and watch while doing whatever needs doing.  If I need more table room, the whole shebang can be moved to the computer table further in the living area of the room.
Gosh--I didn't realize that I took the picture during the news item on Roseanne Barr.  Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment