Monday, May 7, 2018

Freak Out-stupid


Yesterday, after we had been home for a bit, we both wanted showers.  When it was my turn, I went into the bathroom, stripped down and slowly moved toward the tub.  In the bottom of the tub was a leaf off the  plant that normally hangs over the tub. Well, I was just beside myself.  What to do?  I knew there was no way I could bend over and pick it up, and there was no way I wanted to wash it down the drain.  We have enough trouble with that drain as it is.  Besides which I was naked.  Who wants to try bending over when they're?  It took a bit of time to figure out that I could get dressed and get the long handled reacher from the kitchen. By this time David is involved.  He just looked at me, took the reacher, and picked up the leaf.  What a stupid thing to get upset about!  Now I can laugh, but I'm sure my "Tizzy" was only in reaction to the events over night.

The plant has been shedding for a while now, and buying a new one has gone on our "to do" list.  Yes, working on my hearts would be great.  All I have to do is get down the stairs.  Since the company coming will be sitting down there, I have to go down to tidy up, in any case.  An old friend, who was "stair challenged", once told be that she can get them by going down backwards, one step at a time.  Gonna try that.







No comments:

Post a Comment