Monday, May 7, 2018

Live to work or work to live?

Right now I am definitely in the work to live category.  More and more I am resenting my time at work.  But.... a new car means suddenly we have payments again so I guess I am stuck.  we are short one person again so it feels like we  are just running in circles and getting nothing done.  Both Patty and I have told the manager that if he reviews our numbers with us after this round of overwork we will not be pleased.  All the numbers count is the number of documents you get through in a day.  They seem focussed on that.   We do have a place where we can record our non-productive time so we are both using that.  It was only supposed to be for time that we could not work on documents but both of us are entering work that required extra time and research (eg one transfer of land that included 19 paper titles and 28 electronic titles)  Both of us put that down as non-productive.  I have to work 8:30 to 4:30 until further notice.  That is really hard after over 20 years at 8:0 to 4:00.  The day seems so long.Yesterday I did the laundry and the dishes and made an apple crisp and went outside and raked and cleaned out some flower beds then went inside to make the bed with some clean  sheets and decided that a really could use a beer after all that.  I looked at the clock....... 10:15 am.   A little early so I held out until 10:45 :) .  I plan on doing a little everyday so that by fall I will have accomplished some of the repairs/work that needs to be done at home.  this weekend Rrain and I are going to the ACT Festival in Virden.  It will be the first year that I haven't taken Jim in a long time, but I am not on the board anymore and would have to pay for my own room.  Rrain is still involved and offered to share her room with me.  It will be fun..... except she found out she only has  one bed in her room.  We shall manage.  I am responsible for taking the wine :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment