Monday, May 28, 2018

Election coming up here in On

It is getting a bit scary now as the polls are seeing an upsurge for NDP support and after last nights leaders debate I am not surprised. I listened to it on the radio and was disappointed in the all that I heard, or rather what i did not hear. June 7 is election day and I think Ontario might be in for a bit of a shake up. Time will tell. The Free Press this morning even had an article on the NDP possibly coming ahead? I can always remember the NDP taking office in Ontario in 1990 with Bob Rae at the helm and the disaster of a few years that was. This is where we got our "Rae days" - unpaid days of work. 
Lots of progress in the yard over the weekend for me - I got a few things done that I was especially anxious to complete eg my herb gardens. Oh how I wish I could have had your help Cathy as I always liked your idea of your herb garden - do you still have one? Anyway I planted and pruned best I could - like the look of it all but now hope that it will produce results. I put a lot of love into making it right, haha! The pots of  kale Harry planted are growing great right now and I have been eating salads most days. The days have been super hot but with that comes the need to water and this week looks the same - I guess we will have to water every day. But it beats having to cover up for frost. I hope that will not come anytime soon as there is no way I could cover plants now that they are all over the yard in pots. It will have to be an early morning sprinkling with the hose if it comes to that.
I thought of you both over the weekend and your activities - how did your events turn out Cathy with family there to visit? And Pati yesterday I opened a bottle of Dr pepper and drank it outside on the patio ( took a break from work haha) By mistake Harry bought a six pack of Dr Pepper some time ago and it has sat unopened in the kitchen and so I decided to drink one. I actually quite liked the "odd" taste of it and remembered how you enjoyed it. Now I know why....
Another week is here we lets go at it. Hope you are all well. Take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment