Monday, May 28, 2018

Big sigh of relief

The A/C is okay. Somehow the outside electrical plug was in upside  down.  We can only think that it may have been knocked out when we had the power raking done, and put back wrong.  He gave it a good going over, chastised up for not replacing our furnace filter often enough, and only charged us for an hour's labour.  He also said that while ours is old, it's still much better than those made these days, and will probably last for years yet. I was dreading being told that it needed replacing, as it looked old when we moved in 19 years ago, and has not received much in the way of routine maintenance. As soon as he left, we drove to Rona and bought new furnace filters.  I plan to put them in my calendar.  After playing Candy Crush too long, and having an early lunch it was down to the studio.  I don't know what I'm going to do with the left over fabric, from my Tall Grass Prairie.  There is about a yard, since I took 4 1/2" to make the binding for the piece.  That is all sewn on and just waiting for hand finishing.  The same with the little hand embroidery I've been doing.  And the studio has been re-arranged a bit to accommodate the little tv set.  It is working fine, and I enjoyed it this afternoon, while doing the preliminary hand finishing on the Tall Grass Prairie piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment