Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Tomatoes anyone?

Wouldn't it be nice if I could share with you some of the plants we have proliferating at our place. Yesterday it took me four hours in the afternoon to put tomatoes back into the greenhouses and cover the others left outside, pending low temp overnight. This morning I shall go out and reverse this procedure haha! The next four or so days and nights are showing higher temps so we should be good to go without need for covering.
Other than the garden needs not much new here. Having some issues with animals though. The two little chicks were removed from the parents cage as one of them was attacked by one of the parents (? father). They are just five weeks but couldn't take chance to leave them in bigger cage. I actually took the two chicks to the Vet to examine the wounds of the one - there was bleeding and an obvious gash on his head. So I have been on "feeding" alert to be sure they are getting enough nutrition. You have to examine their  crop to make sure it is expanded (located just below the neck in the front) showing that they are getting enough food. I have feed the smaller of the two some of the "pablum" preparation I purchased especially for hand feeding chicks. But I have observed them eating at the millet and bird feed in their cage, so I think they will be OK.
Enough about my avian issue....Take care .

No comments:

Post a Comment