Friday, May 18, 2018

The 2-4 weekend?

Somehow the excitement from decades past for the May 24 weekend is long gone... haha! As I remember, this was the weekend where it was now OK to go into the Lake. My how times have changed. Not that I want to go into the Lake, or any lake, but the date always seemed to bring a change somehow. Here it brings a desire for warmer temperatures and sustained warmer temperatures. Not this roller coaster of fluctuations. I covered up again last night - even more plants to cover as well. I just went out to check and the outside thermometer reads 2 degrees. So maybe lucky but still it all has to be undone and put away. That shall be my morning task. And I see that Winnipeg temperatures are really quite low for the daytime, and wonder what your temps are like in Neepawa Cathy? 
Royal Wedding news is all that I hear now on the news. I will probably listen tomorrow morning early ( 4 am) on the radio. No TV so cannot watch anything.The announcement on the 6 am news just now said that Prince Charles will walk the bride down the aisle instead of her own Father who is not coming. The brides Mother, who is African American, will have Tea with the Queen today. Oh how exciting to hear how the other folks live, eh?
Have a great weekend folks. Hope you can get out into the garden even if only to sip on your tea in an easy chair in the sun! I shall be thinking of you...XX

No comments:

Post a Comment