Friday, May 11, 2018

Jets

David watches, when he can, although we haven't been "rabid" fans during the season. The street parties are an interesting phenomenon.  Very exciting for everyone, but I have to wonder if the excitement will wear off if they become too frequent.  Still, from a crowd control viewpoint they're an excellent idea.  I was taken with the info that they park dump trucks at all points where there would be vehicle access to the parties, as a deterrent to terrorists driving vehicles into the crowd.

My fibre art support group met here Wednesday evening.  There were eight of us, and a pleasant visit.  It's so interesting to see how each of us works in a different way, even though we get together and share our work regularly.

This weekend I have a meeting of another fibre group, out in Carmen, tomorrow.  The group will be there all day, with a workshop in the morning, then lunch supplied, then the meeting, and the workshop continuing after the meeting.  Many of the ladies here Wednesday are also members of that group, and I mentioned that I would be having to take my husband with me.  I apologized, and asked if they thought anyone would object to him sitting at the back of the room, and reading a book. The lady responsible for organizing the lunch told me that, not only could he come, but she would save a muffin for him.  Considering that there were two of the five member executive of the group, as well as the workshop instructor, sitting there, I consider him welcome.  That trip should take up the whole day.

Then on Sunday, there is a change over of the entire stock of the gift shop in Selkirk.  I volunteered to help out with the process, so will be spending 3 hours doing that.  I have sold very little over the past 3 months, so don't plan to take too much out for this session, although I do know that sales are usually better over the summer, with tourists etc.

So, a busy weekend.  Unfortunately, we will have to buy gas to enable our activities, and I can see buying supper tomorrow.  But the whole effort reminds me of some of the travelling we did when we first retired.


No comments:

Post a Comment