Wednesday, May 23, 2018

A tough decision

Lying awake last night I made a decision.  something I've been thinking about for a couple of weeks.  I had committed to working a sale out near Winnipeg Beach on June 9th.  This is a big deal.  It is held on an acreage, and id very well attended, and is anticipated by a huge part of the arts community in the province.  (Check out "Prutopia" on the www.runswithscissors.com web site)  It will likely be hot, crowded, and I'm told that parking could be as much as a mile away. I could likely get a ride, but then be stuck there for the whole day.  Friends had offered to play personal valet to look after my car.  David would be home alone for as much as 12 hours.  I contacted the lady in charge and withdrew my offer to help out.

This is probably the "acceptance" part of the Serenity Prayer.  I've had to accept my physical and family limitations.  A lot of deliberation over the past couple of weeks, and a few quiet, private tears, but I can't tell you what a load has come off my mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment