Sunday, May 6, 2018

Well--an adventure--sort of--

I mentioned that my back, and right hip were bothering me.  By last evening, I was in agony.  So I had David take me to Urgent Care, in the Victoria Hospital.  Nice that we were able to watch the Jets game on the tv in the waiting room--the whole Jets game. It took over 4 hours to get into a treatment room, and the best part of an hour after that to see a doctor. After hearing my tale, he asked me what I expected from the facility.  The best answer I could give was "help".  Finally he decided to give a muscle relaxant and a pain killer, but told me that I would have to stay the night, because the pain killer and relaxant together would make me drowzy, and I would need to be monitored.  By this time it was past 2:00am, and David was in no shape to drive, nor was he supposed to drive, nor did he want to be at home alone(?), so they brought a recliner into the room and left the two of us to sleep for the night.  Just as we dropped off, they came to take blood, and then someone came to take me for xrays.  I "catnapped" a bit, but David didn't sleep very much. We were finally released with prescriptions in hand, about 7:00.  We had eaten nothing since 5:00 Friday night, and had only shared a very expensive bottle of water from the wending machine, so we headed for Tim's for breakfast.

I was walking much better this morning, but after having to go out later to have the prescriptions filled, and pick up a roast chicken for supper ( neither of us wanting to even think about cooking supper at that point), the pain is returning, and I see a very lazy sleepy day ahead of me.

Wednesday, I got a call to volunteer in the gallery in Selkirk, and Friday we declared a lazy day, so by now, after three days of slovenliness, the house is a mess.  I'm sure not going to tackle anything today, except maybe a nap.  It's so darn frustrating to see how quickly the mess forms.  And I have company coming Wednesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment