Saturday, July 4, 2020

And now we have wine!

Today we had an appointment to go and bottle the wine kit we bought and then paid to have made up.  It was amazing.  They had the carboy all set up with some sort of pumping system ( we couldn't see that part of it), under a counter.  First they washed our bottles for us.  Then David put two bottles under little spigots. These had sensors attached to the actual spigot part, so that when the wine reached a certain level in the bottle the flow shut off automatically.  I was standing to David's right and he would hand the two bottles over to me.  I would put one in a strange affair that looked somewhat like a vacuum tube, but it had a little stand on a spring, where I put he bottle.  When I released it, the top fit into and opening from above.  I had to insert a cork into the top of the opening and close the door.  When the door closed the cork was automatically  inserted into the bottle neck from above.  Then I opened the door and took the bottle out, putting it into one of the boxes from the bottles, that was on a cart to my right.  Whole process took less than 15 minutes.  There were two of these counter set-ups and there was another couple bottling wine on the other one.  I could have put the labels on there, but chose to put them on at home, when we were loading them into the wine rack in the basement.  We were so impressed that we bought another kit, and have an appointment to bottle that on august 1st.

Once we were home, I tried to print the workbook from my sketchbook course, having bought the last module yesterday.  Well, the damn $400 printer is only printing in black, not colour. I was pissed, and tried to call Epson technical support, but it seems that they only work short hours, five days a week. So the call will have to wait until Monday.  Then we discovered that my tv shows weren't on tonight.  It seems that Americans are having some sort of special event today, that they're all excited about, and there are special shows all day.  So instead of working this afternoon, I had a nap.

This evening, I was in a "mood", so spent a little time downstairs tidying up.  this probably means that I won't be able to find anything tomorrow, although I did take the time to put some labels on drawers.  We'll see.

A cooler day today, and we actually had the doors and a window open for awhile.  The heat is supposed to return with a vengeance tomorrow. Tthis probably means that I'll have to spend the day in the basement, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment