Friday, July 31, 2020

Big city driving...

All the time I read your message Pati, i was trying to navigate through your directions but I must say, i got lost. Mostly because I was feeling your anxiety and "panic" as well. I agree with Cathy, i am glad i do not face such issues where i live and where I drive. You are a trooper Pati, because you keep at it and do not let the fears and the traffic win over
Today i go to visit old friend Daisy (age 92 years)at her home here in Sundridge. They ( son,granddaughter and her) are up from Toronto for awhile.I will bake some choc chip cookies early to take for the 10:30 am visit (they will be hot out of the oven as i did not have the energy to bake last evening)
Last evening I received a call from neighbour Gerd to inform me that my friend ( his wife) Ruth died yesterday at the Hospice in North Bay. It has been a long haul for him and the family since her Sx July 15. She had come home July 17 but on that next day July 18, her 82nd Birthday she fell and was taken to the hospital with a head injury and internal bleeding and never recovered. I shall miss her and I feel for Gerd and his family now.
Saturday we ( Harry is coming with me) will go to North Bay to help Willie move from one place to another. We will do what we can to help, as he has already been packing and transporting items over the past week in his truck and trailer from point A to point B.
I am hoping all will go OK.
Our garden has been left alone for awhile what with our travels back and forth to Dr and test appointments for Harry. he is certainly getting the full treatment as directed from his new Doctor and I hope something tangible will come of it. But in meantime, I have picked beans, and tomatoes and watered a bit, but have not enjoyed my regular walkabouts, or sitting etc which usually makes my day.
The hot humid weather appears to be breaking according to next weeks forecasts and hope it will be true. But also I cannot believe it is already August. Ugh!  I can already see myself with shovel in hand fighting off the snow and cold. Not a pleasant thought.
Take care and be safe...thinking of you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment