Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Boho beads day out

Pati, it sounded like just a great day and I loved the beads you two made last time - any pictures taken this time around? And Cathy I am thinking of you today and hoping Kris and Chloe were able to join you and Jim. As for me, I was waiting for the forecast thunderstorm to hit today but it has now been moved forward to tonight. And then a few days of same weather. The heat this time around has not felt as intense as it was a few weeks back - that was brutal! And of course maybe the a/c in Harry's room has helped a bit?
I was anxious to get my new reading glasses today but, unfortunately, they did not come into the office so now I must wait until next Tuesday as this satellite office in South River is not open until then ( with the Monday stat holiday) They are only in South River Mon and Tuesdays as the main office is in Huntsville. I can wait I guess as I have been struggling with these ones for a few years now so another week is OK.
I made hot dogs for my meal today - yes...I had a craving so yesterday shopping I bought a package of wieners, and a package of buns. I only had two today but could easily have them again tomorrow haha!  I used a machine Harry acquired a few years ago called Hot Dog Express that has four rows of rotating spheres which hold the wieners and rotate them and heat them. I did not work very well and I might have been better off heating them in the micro - actually i wished i could have put them on the BBQ but that is not in use these days. 
I totally cleaned the fridge today which was in pretty bad shape with fruit and veg been shoved in for days without organization or thought. You know it is bad when you put something on a shelf or find a hole and then slam the door closed quickly to keep it in!!
I picked green beans this afternoon from the garden - surprised to get so many as three patches of them planted did not grow very well -actually they grew too close and most likely did not get pollinated.
We have four budgie eggs in the nesting cage again and since it is the third try for this mother bird to reproduce, she may be lucky and I may be unlucky ( I felt lucky the first two times when they all did not mature to develop chicks and she was left with none)
Speaking of birds it is time to put them all to bed. I do not have a book on the go right now to read in bed. I ordered the next Rockton Series book (Kelly Armstrong) that I have not read yet from the Library but they do not know if they will be able to get it with all the precautions r/t Covid etc. Some Libraries are not open or not lending any books out right now.
So take care folks - be safe, stay at home, have a glass of wine ...

No comments:

Post a Comment