Thursday, July 16, 2020

Where to start

I barely remember yesterday.  Last evening I received a phone call asking if I could fill in for a volunteer at the gallery today.  So that was the plan.  I had a hunch that I would be exhausted by quitting time, so had David drive me out.  After he returned, he did a bit of grocery shopping and then took his chain saw back to the repair shop, where they have kept it for further repairs.  Then he must have dozed a bit, as he barely made it back to pick me up on time.  I had been worried that I might end up sitting on the street looking for him, not remembering that the Gallery is open until 8:00 tonight.  I had taken a couple of books to read, expecting that it would be very slow, given current circumstances, but I was wrong.  We were kept hopping most of the day, between visitors and some grant applications that needed to be filled out.  While other ladies were there working on these applications, the other volunteer and I were kept busy offering opinions about questions or wording of responses.

Then, knowing there was sale on, I wanted to stop at Pennington's on the way home.  Well, things have certainly changed there!  There was very little stock of any sort, and no sizes anywhere near mine.  I have read that their parent company, Reitmans, is in financial trouble and is closing many stores.  Anyway, I got angry and dragged poor David to Walmart, where I found 3 very nice pair of pants for just about the same price as I would have paid for one pair in Pennington's.  They aren't the best quality, and I'll have to shorten them, but they will do just fine for now.

Then it was off to Starbucks and a buy one, get one sale.  We bought 4 drinks and brought them home.  Then sat in the garden and read until we were ready for supper.  Now, at about 8:30, I'm sitting here in my housecoat wondering how much longer I can stay awake, as it's far to early to go to bed.  Better check the e-mail.  I see I have 10 new messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment