Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Yeah, you're right

We have been quiet.  I went for my massage yesterday morning, and, as I expected, came out of there almost in a stupor.  This set the tone for the rest of the day. We generally sat and watched tv.  The only excitement came when the fellow from the house with the fire, came and cut our front lawn. Caught us by surprise, but David went out and gave him a couple of bottles of wine, which were accepted with a big smile.  Then while David napped in front of the tv, I was about to lie down when I heard noise in the back yard, and there he was cutting that lawn too.  I woke David to let him know, and he went out.  Turns out the fellow used to work in lawn maintenance in BC, before moving here and getting the job next door.  He's going to be locked out of there until the Hydro deems the place safe, so is basically couch surfing with friends right now.  He may be out for a lot longer than he thinks.  We don't think Hydro is going to release the lace any time soon.  But he told David that we were the only people around here who were friendly with him.  That's really a two edged sword.  We don't want a gro-op next door, but they have, at the same time, been good neighbours.

Originally, we were to have gone to the audiologist today, but yesterday they phoned and postponed the appt until next Thursday.  This give us a free day today, and I'm tempted to go out and spend money, Maybe at the local art supply store?  But after a slow sleepy day yesterday, I'm up before 6:00 this morning.  This probably means a nap this afternoon.  While watching tv yesterday, I worked on the hand piecing of my English Paper pieced "whatever".  One piece was in the wrong place.  I had thought I had planned it out pretty carefully, but this piece got mixed up somehow. So a fair bit of time yesterday was devoted to ripping out and re-sewing.  Since I originally sewed things to stay put forever, with stitches about 1/ 16th to 1/32" apart, ripping out is a painstaking job.  But 'tis done!  Yay! 
 I saw a book on English Paper Piecing mentioned on a blog I follow ( (Creations, Quilts Whatever or Off the Wall Friday with Nina-Marie Sayre)  The book is "Flossie Teacakes Guide to English Paper Piecing".  With a name like that who can resist?  I've ordered it, thinking very much of you, Beth when I was doing so.  I'm hoping it's what was described on the blog, as she spoke of instructions for designing your own and of some very complicated shapes.  I know this is an interest of yours, Beth, so just might pass it along, once I've finished with it.

When I first got up, the garden was a joy to look at, with two rabbits, one big and one small, and a family of Blue Jays, parents and three young.  We bought a new type of seed this time. With shelled sunflower seed, so there are no shells to make the horrendous messes that we've been dealing with.  Also we're told that the seed won't germinate without shells, so no more volunteer sunflowers in the yard.  We had thought that the rabbits might eat the sunflower plants but no, we have to pull them out, one at a time.  We're just no longer able to do that. At the same time we bought a few peanuts in the shell, for the Jays, and dried corn on the cob, for both the Jays and the squirrels. ( we no longer have neighbour who might get angry about the peanut shells)  The fuss over these two things is fun to watch, although we've had to put the corn and peanuts on the table, so the Jays can get at them, ahead of the squirrel.

It's now after 7:00.  Maybe time to get dressed and get to work.  Maybe head downstairs, so any noise I make won't wake David?

No comments:

Post a Comment