Saturday, July 4, 2020

This surprises me...

Unless people just surf all the blogs one by one, and click on any old site, I really cannot see the allure of our's, but then perhaps I am too attached to our blog myself to understand this. Just happy to see you two folks continue blogging about this and that, as it is my special connection to you both. 
Heat and more heat...seems to be the normal here right now.I am not so bad off as i can tolerate a certain amount (to a point) but Harry has breathing issues that are exacerbated by heat and has always been affected poorly by hot humid days. We have never wanted air conditioning but I am thinking as time goes by and weather conditions are changing for the worst, it may be a wise investment to buy at least a small bedroom size machine? I set up my own version last night for him with a floor fan, and a dish of ice cubes behind, it blowing directly on his bed and apparently he got about 6 hours of sleep last night - that is progress!! I took Bailey out about 5 am and it was cool and delightful, but that did not translate into the inside temperature which is still hot. 
I needed to renew several medications the other day as I filled Harry's dossettes. I can call them into the Pharmacy on the phone to a recording and then go in to pick them up. But, they are run off their feet in our much appreciated local Pharmacy. I went in twice yesterday to pick up but still by 5:30 pm they had not finished that particular order. The Pharmacist said he felt terrible turning me away twice but nevertheless i said i would come back again today "Maybe the third time will be the charm" I said. The downtown was congested and the Foodland parking lot full which means only one thing "They have arrived". I mean, of course, the summer people and tourists!!!!  It is always best here in summer for locals to avoid going out in town. And especially this year with the Covid19 pandemic and need to protect oneself from those from "the city".
Well, time for some breakfast - I think I'll take it and my coffee and sit outside in the cool while it is still there. Thinking of you XX

No comments:

Post a Comment