Thursday, July 9, 2020

Sloth

Last evening was a formal, in person, meeting of my fibre art group, at a members home.  We utilized a large outdoor deck with ample mosquito coils, and were able to maintain social distancing, somewhat. We fell down on it when there was a table full of the residue of a deceased members studio ( there had been an in-home sale a short while ago)  Then social distancing was lost to an apparent feeding frenzy.  I even managed to pick up a few things.

The meeting lasted over two hours, and the drive there took me about 35-45 minutes, as recent construction had changed my regular route and I had to sort out a different one.  By the time it was over, I was exhausted.  I don't think I've experienced that intense and lengthy socialization in months.  Then I had to drive home, including finding my way down the South Perimeter  and onto Hwy 59 North.  Thank Goodness the sun had just set, so it wasn't in  my eyes, but there was still enough daylight to see my way.  That particular intersection terrifies me, at the best of times. So I was in rough shape when I got home, poured a wee bit of brandy, and couldn't settle down until almost midnight.

Then it was up early this morning, and a fuzzy brain.  I was still in my nightie when someone knocked on the back door.  It was the neighbour from across the back,  We had said that we would like a couple of baskets of strawberries, if he ever went to any of the local U-pick spots, and here were our strawberries.  I don't think it was yet 9:00.  So this morning was spent preparing and freezing strawberries.  I think we got over 20 bags.

The rest of the day was spent trying to deal with my even more fuzzy brain, but included a visit to Starbucks.  Just before we left, my book on English Paper piecing arrived, so of course I took it with me.  

(Sorry about that orientation).  I'm loving this book.  There is a marvelous introduction section on why hand sewing is good for us socially, emotionally, and intellectually.  It was interesting, but still reminded me of my old Occupational Therapy text books.

Then, even though I was the only person in the store, I managed to spill coffee all over it, as well as the floor.  After that episode, I moved to an outside table, until David picked me up again. 

Finally I went to lie down about 4:00 and slept through until almost 6:00. So it's after 8:00, and I'm sitting here in my bathrobe again, and doesn't someone else come to the the front door trying to sell us an new security system. 

So now I just want to veg out a bit more before heading for bed, yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment