Friday, July 10, 2020

No sloths in this family...

Not a sloth Pati but an engaged person socializing (your Fibre Art  get together), enjoying pleasures (Starbucks)(new book), taking care of sustenance (strawberries), taking care of your health (resting with a nap) and in all ways managing life as it is. I think you are doing just great. And Cathy you are also doing great!
Now to the weather - I know this is a topic of constant review and discourse by the three of us, but i really think I have had enough of this heat!  I thought to myself early this morning as I got up at 4 am, just how much I am being affected by the daily insult it is inflicting on me. I try to manage and for the most part I am also "doing great" but then I think how I really feel and it discourages me. I am laggy, and my body is protesting, and I just want to do nothing when in fact i am still needing to do all the things one has to do around here. Yesterday Harry decided he had to dehydrate the garlic. plants he planted in pots, and also the garlic scapes that have grown on the garlic in the garden. So I was out there picking scapes, and then got the dehydrator up from the basement and set up. In 40 degree conditions I do not think setting up the dehydrator in the kitchen was the best decision but who am I to question?
So back to the weather.... It is hot outside and it is hot inside. Period. 
I found a book in my pile of books that I had not read so picked it up yesterday and now back to enjoying the time with a book. I like to read and so often lately the time is not there. It is a one off I think Harry got at the dump store called Dark Room by Andrea Kane - a murder mystery - just into it now and so far a good read!
So here it is Friday morning and off I go for another day. Lots on my To Do list to keep me busy. Thinking of you folks all the time. Take care ...Enjoy your weekend .... Stay safe in this time of uncertainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment