Saturday, July 18, 2020

The heat is on....

We are back to muggy humid hot again. The rain I expected the other day actually came - it rained for all of 10 minutes and then that was it! No big thunderstorms or heavy winds just a bit of rain. So this morning i will have to go out and water the garden. I did not feel like it last evening so held off even though things are dry. Harry will go off to his garage sales - yes, it is that time of year again and are still a real draw for him.
We went to Huntsville yesterday afternoon to shop - it was a spur of the minute decision and not a wise choice given it was a Friday afternoon and everyone else was shopping as well. Walmart was crazy but , mandatory face covering is in place and it was actually interesting to "people watch" and see all the different kinds of face coverings. I am tempted now to find my sewing machine and try to stitch up a few more creative masks. The one I wear is just fine and i like it but it is the only one I have. I have some of the bought  blue non surgical types that many people are wearing but save that in the glove compartment if ever in need. So I will look for some fancy fabric in my stash and see what I can fashion.  But while in Huntsville I slipped into Starbucks to spend the 50 points that would have been taken from me the end of this month. Just s plain coffe but nevertheless I sure did not want to lose the points. I just checked my status on line and now have 4 points to my name, and the next expiry is for end Dec and will have 4.9 points expire so I am good to go for the short term now. Next time I am in the area and able to go in, I will get my favourite Chai Tea Latte.
My friend Ruth came home yesterday from the Hospital in Newmarket (Toronto) after having heart surgery on Wed afternoon - sure do not keep people in very long! Her sister arrived yesterday as well to stay with them, so I hope her recovery will be without issue. I'll not bother her for now although it is her Birthday today.
So here's to the weekend folks. Enjoy the nice weather and stay away form all the new cases of Covid showing up in your areas. It is tough to read the Free Press anymore with all the Covid news. It mentioned a warning to people who had frequented (some?) Walmarts in Winnipeg and Brandon for potential exposure - stay safe  XX

No comments:

Post a Comment