Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Even David---

has said something about not seeing posts as frequently.  He didn't say directly that I should post, but here it is.

David and I got excited about seeing a Swan on a retention pond nearby.  When we got closer and could see his beak, we realized it was a Pelican.  Disappointment. They usually aren't that close to the city, and I enjoy looking for them on my trips to Selkirk.  A couple of my fibre friends have even used them in pieces.

David needed a haircut and went to the small barber shop that he normally uses.  The old fellow who has operated it for years retired when the city was shut down for Covid19, and a younger woman has taken over. She has evidently fixed the place up.  David was quite pleased with the haircut she gave him ,and even more pleased with the price.  I hope she isn't charging too little.  That's what caused difficulty with the hairdresser that I followed all over the place for a few years.  Sure miss her but she moved to Calgary.

Otherwise we aren't doing much.  We both had a really bad night on Sunday, and spent most of yesterday vegging out in front of the tv.  I want to go out today as the library has more books for me, and Starbucks is having a double stamp day.  The fact that I'm excited about double stamp day tells you how boring my life is right now.  But I also got my Visa bill today, and when I realized how often I've been re-loading my card through Visa, I just about choked.  None the less, the card was re-loaded this morning in the expectation that I might buy a pound of coffee, this afternoon.  Oh the excitement!!!

While watching tv, I've been working on my "lozenge" EPP piece.  It is just about finished ( the piecing should be finished today)  I mention this because, while doing it, I've realized how much I enjoy having a bit of hand sewing for those times I choose to relax a bit with the tv.  My thoughts are returning to that EPP book I just bought, and I'm thinking about starting another piece.  I have done nothing, with fibre, except this little bit of EPP since we went into lock down on March 15th.  I have, at least, 6 pieces that need finishing.  My Gallery show scheduled for May was cancelled, but I found out Sunday, that I have been put in for May of next year instead.  This was somewhat of a surprise.  I have entered two of the pieces I had prepared for that show into another one this September, so will have to find a couple more by next May.  I really have no interest in working with much fibre right now.  I can't remember a time in my life that this happened, even when my interest was on other media. 

Overall I've decided that "what will be, will be".  Go with the flow, and do what sparks my interest. Isn't that what retirement is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment