Sunday, July 19, 2020

Your storms have come my way...

Another thunderstorm in the middle of the night and more are promised for today. I had to get up, close windows and I pumped a few times only. It rained heavy but I find this year that with the water barrels set up at the back the way they are, the water fills them and then spills onto the ground there and does not run down the sidewalk to the front and accumulate. That is not to say it would not happen, but the last few heavy rains have behaved nicely. So happy I do not have to go out and hand water. 
Yesterday I received a call from the Library. They received the new book by Phaedra Patrick called The Secrets of Love Story Bridge (2020) and would hold it for me if i wanted to come in. Phaedra Patrick is of the books: The Curious Charms of Arthur pepper, Rise and Shine, Benedict Stone, and The library of Lost and Found. All books that I really enjoyed. So I jumped into the car and over I went and donned my mask and into the Library and voila, I have the book to read and first one to crack the pages open. I am about half way through now after an enjoyable read in bed last night. I love it! I love to read! 
Today I must eat some more kale - it is gaining on me to keep up but I cut only the last two stems off the bottom of each of the ten plants each time, and so far I am OK, i will cut up and use the poppyseed dressing you got me started on Pati and throw in other garden veg. The tomatoes I have done down in juice and also just eat of the vine.
Yesterday afternoon I went out and tackled the little flower garden I have at the end of the back driveway - it had been neglected for two years.There are peonies and bee balm and other perennials struggling to grow but after a good weed and watering, i am hoping the looks of the plot will bounce back.We have the old steel sled trailer with the old aluminum ice hut on top of it parked in the driveway -derelicts both- and it is really an awful sight. We have had a few come by to see about taking them away and none have followed through.
Now for some breakfast and on with the day...if it is to rain off and on during day, perhaps I can actually get at that sewing I want to do...here's hoping. Take care  

No comments:

Post a Comment