Tuesday, July 7, 2020

You’re both right

Not to sound like those “old” folks we used to hear, but “...it’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.”  Actually the heat is a bit much,too. We shut all the windows and putter a bit during the day and then around 5pm we go outside and sit around while (hopefully) the house cools down with the windows open. The garden was a bit bedraggled after all the rain and wind and hail, but most of it seems to be coming back. With everything sort of flattened we can’t really weed between the plants cause they are all touching each other!  We have started to water a bit again so that takes up a bit of time. I had some bad reactions to the sun this year (both from the lupus and medication) so I try to keep covered or in the shade. Long sleeved shirts are not that comfortable when it is 37c outside!  I still putter in the shade in the Quonset (until the sun heats the metal roof), but I really need Jim’s input now. A lot of the stuff I’m sorting are his “treasures“. Not to mention it pisses off the birds nesting in there. Jim is starting to look seriously for another dog, but I insist that any rescue has to be good with cats. Now I am off to check the garden before it gets too sunny and hot

No comments:

Post a Comment