Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And we thought we had cut back...

the only thing that didn't grow was potatoes! Which is okay because we ended up planting more than we wanted. I am not as inundated as you are Beth, but I feel overwhelmed. The fridge is full of cucumbers (and it is supposed to be the beer fridge!) Tomatoes on the counter, along with the 10 pints if ripe cucumber relish) I never thought it would happen, but I think I have had enough cucumber sandwiches ( egg & cucumber, cheese & cucumber, tomato & cucumber, chicken & cucumber, beef & cucumber.......) Tomorrow I have a meeting at 4:30, so I think I will put a turkey casserole in the oven before I go. Thursday is the dermatologist... I may not want supper! It went down to 3C last night. If that keeps up I won't have to worry about the garden.
I was "excited" that someone was writing things on the white board besides my jokes, but they are using religious quotes now. I keep putting up my jokes. Today I used "you're just jealous because the voices are talking to me". I hope they realize its a joke!!! (at least the voices tell me it is!) It is cool enough that I think I will have a bath tonight instead of a cool shower. I find the soak relaxing. We signed up to eat a turkey supper at the legion on Friday, but when I was in the store I got asked to work clean up... at least I can eat before I have to wash my own dishes. I wish that a weeks holidays took as long to finish as a weeks work. Does that have something to do with relativity?? I spent $106 today and all I ordered was a pair of shoes and a pair of pants. Somehow I feel I should get more for that money. I won't buy used shoes. My feet are so bad that I need good shoes and then I put my orthotics in them. The pants I could have bought used, but lately the only person donating to the Salvation Army is a size 8! (obviously not a human) Jim's goddaughter was here last weekend. She is a size 4... her mom is a size 0 (Really!! she is a 0!!) Again a non-human. Time to go and fill the bath tub... don't be jealous, Pati... just because Beth and I both had baths.

No comments:

Post a Comment