Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Be - Jelly and picket fences

That is my sort of day today - After helping to pick more apples for Harry to make into juice I started painting more of the picket fence - remember I started it before my trip and that we have picket fences around three sides of our yard??? Well today was to be a painting day - Wednesdays are usually the only stay at home day we have during the week so I like to concentrate on something that needs lots of time. I got over two sections done before the rain came so it was productive to a point. I must say that it looks so nice to see the nicely painted bright white fence compared to the worn wood that has been there for too many years. One section has been slightly pushed out of place by a tree that has grown broader over the last twenty years at its base- we had to nail it in place and now it has a real bulge but probably no one will even notice except us. So then I came inside where I saw the nice apple juice sitting on the counter and had an urge to make jelly with some of it. The rest of the juice will be jarred for consumption by Harry and his Mother. I used some certo liquid pectin and have five jars of very clear light red jelly for my efforts. I will enjoy eating it over the winter. I have really made too much jam (rhubarb) and jelly because I am the only one that eats it - but who cares, I will just have to have toast every morning. I was able to practice a bit of violin today and hope to get back to it before September comes and it is time for more lessons. I have not done any practicing all summer.
I would love to see your dragon flies - any chance of a picture? I will never forget driving down # 5 to Cathy's and seeing a fog of dragon flies ahead of me the whole way. And you had lots at the house too, Cathy. Don't see many around here. Well, to Mothers tomorrow and guess what we have planned for lunch? I am going to make waffles!! Should be interesting to see her response although I know she likes them as I made them one morning when I stayed overnight and she seemed to like them. As usual, I will take all the ingredients and the equipment with me.
Anyway - have a great time reading Cathy - I am almost finished a book - the one I started at your place Cathy with Clive Cussler and Spartan Gold ( Sam Fargo) and I have baskets of tomatoes sitting around needing some attention, too!
Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment