Friday, August 20, 2010

Holiday fun

Today is the last day of my holidays and we are going to cut wood. I bet you are jealous of all the fun I have had this week. Gardening, canning, meetings, doctor's appointments and tonight I get to do clean-up at the Legion supper! The dermatologist said there is really nothing they can do. There is a narrow band (UVB?) bed in Winnipeg that has had good results. She asked if there was any place I could stay in Winnipeg if I came in for treatments. I said I had a sister, but then it came out that it is about 3 times a week, for weeks!!! I don't think I will be doing that. She has also perscribed a couple of creams to try. One isn't covered by medical, of course. It is used in conjuction with sunlight, so I would use it until it is too cold to go outside. Then the other one can be used. It is a steroid, so I would only keep using it if I saw some results. Then by April it is back to the first cream. No guarantees. The other choice is to keep my self completely covered for the rest of my life and then all my skin would be white and it would be hard to see the white spots. She said it is obviously auto-immune, especially with my history. Mine appears to be quite aggressive though, because it has spread so far so fast. I have been writing my jokes on the whiteboard at work all week, but this week someone else has been putting up writings. They are all religious based, lessons for life (eg... the golden rule) It makes my jokes seem very superficial, but we all need some lightness in our lives. I just have trouble finding one liners that are clean enough! Jim is getting dressed now. I guess it is time to cut wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment