Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Survived!

The kind lady who did my stess test walked me through it gently. The funny part was the little disposable gown they gave me. Not quite waist length--to allow for all of the cords etc. It opened at the front, but did not quite close--and--of course-- no bra. I don't think I was the only large person to ever do this, as the technician had a pile of paper towels that she put across my chest and then taped to the gown using masking tape! I didn't make the first three minute interval, but she said that she had all of the information she needed so I didn't hesitate to quit when offered the chance.

For the very first time, I couldn't work up much enthusiasm for our Ravenesque meeting last night. I was tired, hot and sore. So I opted to wear a muu-muu instead of trousers and a T-shirt. This meant that I could wear sandals--something I haven't done in years. I checked my cupboard and found not one, but three pair of sandals--two of which had never been worn. I had totally forgotten them. Anyway, off I went. We were in her studio getting ready to paint when I realized that my muu-muu had a large hole in the back over my left hip. To say that I gave a new definiton of "elegant" would be an understatement. I don't think I'll be wearing any of my muu-muu's in public again.

Today, I get to volunteer at the art gallery in Selkirk. I can't remember if it's air conditioned or not. I have to be there to engage anyone who walks in to look a the art. I told that there is seldom any one to engage. Another highlight og retirement. But I must be feeling better. I can look around now and see all of the housework that hasn't been done since Beth left. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment