Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Living life

day by day. Yesterday wasn't bad. I stitched and did some baking, and--tada--no nap! My stitching isn't good--lost skill because of disuse. Sort of sad, but then my stitching on a bad day is still pretty good. I'm trying to make 3-dimensional Dragon Flies--Oh Yeah! I have a little book on it that I found in my culling. I had offered it to my friend Rose Anne and then started to read it. Now I have to get any Dragon Flies that I want, finished, before she comes to visit on Labour Day. It was odd when I started. I said to David " I need somethign like styrofoam to stick toothpicks in to dry after I paint them gold" He didn't blink. Just said " I think I have something in the garage you can use". In how many house does that sort of conversation happen? And in how many houses would there be a 6 inch, lengthwise split piece of pool noodle that would be perfect for the job.
All of myRavenesque ladies are coming to spend the day here, on Labour Day, so I'm also hoping to get my quilting books culled so that I can offer them first refusal on any give-aways. Plus I have to plan some sort of activity. Maybe I'll just visit Timmie's and make the activity a donut eating contest.

OMG--I need to make a "To Do" list. Haven't had the energy to do that in weeks! I even scrubbed the bathroom sink today, I've been for a bike ride, read the paper and made a casserole for supper. It's only 10:00. Have a dentist appt across town at noon and then a haircut later in the afternoon. No lottery wins round here, although David got $20 on a scratch ticket over the weekend. And then promptly spent it on 649 and Lotto Max tickets, plus a dozen eggs so that I could make cookies.

So this is life at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment