Monday, August 16, 2010

Be - the storms keep coming

Literally - fantastic storms with wind and thunder and lightening and torrential rain blowing in all directions - have you ever seen rain so thick you cannot see ahead of you and also so strong that it blows horizontally? We were caught in North Bay yesterday when a real doozie hit out of nowhere - it is being compared to the "big one" that hit 4 years ago- confirmed then to be tornadoes - and as with the big one, yesterday trees were blown over and debris scattered far and wide with everyone providing their own personal stories. I bought the North Bay newspaper today just to read all about it.
Well, my Mike bought his very first car on Saturday. He has been thinking about it for awhile now and saving his money - we will go with him on August 28 to pick it up at the dealership. He is not back to North Bay from Petawawa until that weekend thus the delayed pickup date. It is a 2005 Chev Impala - and it is perfect, as he tells me, for his size and his comfort. He is very excited about it and I'm happy for him.
Don't tell me about vegetables and pickles as we are up to our yingyangs here as well. Tonight I had to make tomato juice to get rid of some excess tomatoes and we are also into the crabapples already as they are ripe - a bit earlier than usual, but then it has not been a usual kind of year. Oh well, keeps me busy and out of trouble I guess! All for now.......take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment