Monday, August 9, 2010

Be - It's me again.....

Although I much prefer to be speaking with you both sitting at your kitchen tables, it is back to the blog for our continued conversations. Perhaps I have been in denial the last few days that my trip has indeed come and gone, but more likely I have been run off my feet as I find myself quickly thrown back into reality. I have my picture book though, to look at, and to prove it all actually happened and I do indeed look at the photos regularly right now. Perhaps that habit may also start to wane as time is eaten up by other more immediate concerns? But to keep happy and look forward to nice events, I have booked myself for a luncheon with my friend Sue, and another old work mate for Sat Sept 11 at Swiss Chalet in Huntsville.
Cathy, your "salmon ball casserole" met with the approval of Mother today. So thanks.... And Patty, I should mention although I know you know, I put too much dry mustard in the coleslaw - I reread the recipe card I copied from your book, and I had written 1 tsp instead of 1/4 tsp and obviously that is what was put into the mixture. But everyone seemed to eat it anyway, right!! Hot, hot, hot.....
We are inundated with vegetables and consequently with doing pickles, and relishes, and zucchini loaves, and freezing and on and on...It is that time of year and like it or not, it has to be done immediately. Tomorrow we go to North Bay to do our usual rounds ie Mikes to feed the animals. and likely do dishes, and then shopping and pay a few bills and I plan to get a few pictures run off and send to you both.
But for now it is a nice bath and to bed. I went to the library on Sat and ordered in that Cussler book I did not finish at the Lake, and also took out that Cussler book I started at your place Cathy. I haven't had a chance to read yet but perhaps will be able to this week when things settle down a bit. The wash is caught up, I did the ironing today, and vacuumed a bit the other day, so gradually getting back to "usual" again. I also bought a Lotto Max and as usual it is now garbage. Did you hear about all the million dollar winners in and around North Bay. Maybe I should buy a ticket while there tomorrow?
Take care.....

No comments:

Post a Comment