Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday morning...

I slept in until 9:30! I knew I was not getting enough sleep all week, cause I was tired every day. I sure made up for lost time this morning. And when I got up Jim had a full breakfast started.. bacon, eggs, hashbrowns. I have got the water on for freezing tomatoes next. Jim says he doesn't mind the skin left on, but I know that is where most of the bacteria sits so I prefer to skin them. It's just to bad that it is so messy and time consuming. On the other hand what else do I have to do?... Laundry? Clean the office?...Jim has gone to check on Rodney's house and animals. They get back tomorrow night so there is only one more day to check. Interruptions!! I have dipped all the tomatoes in boiling water to loosen the skins and they are now in a sink of cold water. I know that I could skin them already, but letting them sit gives me a chance to continue. We had a "herd" of Hutterites over again on Thursday night. The girls came for a swim, but they decided that the pool was too cold. They watched a movie instead. They must have enjoyed it because we could hear them howling with laughter. It was "Yes Man" with Jim Carey. They also brought over supper so we not only got hamburgers and potatoes, but they left all the jars of pickles they brought Can you believe that it is already the end of August. Summer seems so short and Winter so long. We still need to get a bit more wood for the winter. Using the wood stove paid off becaus my end of year hydro bill was a $208 credit! I have to buy lettuce again this weekend. We are done the garden lettuce. I tried to plant it a couple of weeks apart this year, but once it is ready it seems it is all ready. The tomatoes are calling me. Enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment